Life Teen Core Handbook
Into the Deep
Any person can read small group questions from a piece of paper. Most people function as warm body chaperones that make sure teens don’t sneak out of their rooms at night and that everyone stays in line to get pizza. Fewer people have the courage to enter into the life of a teenager and help guide them closer to Christ. Fewer people can make a small group a conversation and a place for trust and community. Core Members are the backbone of Life Teen youth ministry and a successful ministry requires healthy Core Members.
The Life Teen Core Handbook contains ten things every Core Member needs to know in order to succeed in ministry and stay healthy while serving. It is a must have for any youth ministry that truly desires to form adults that can lead teenagers closer to Christ.
Who Needs ItAny adult serving as a high school or middle school youth minister or Core Member must have a copy of this book.
Using This Book
There are several ways this book can be effective with a Core Team:
- Give a copy to every Core Member
- Spend ten weeks prior to Life Nights discussion each section at a Core Team meeting
- Provide copies to all parish staff that interact with teenagers
- Use content in the Life Teen Core Handbook to develop a Core Retreat
- Challenge Core Members to review content annually at beginning of year